- A message says my trial has expired but I have a subscription!
Your computer just needs the subscription's login info
1. Single-click the G icon. The Glance Screen Share menu is displayed.
2. Choose the Settings... option.
3. Under the Account tab, enter your subscription's Glance Address and Password.
4. Click the OK button if you're on a PC. On a Mac, close the window.
- Can I start more than one Glance Screen Share session at a time with my Glance Address?
- No. Each Glance subscription lets you start one session at a time from any PC or Mac.
- Can I subscribe to Glance Screen Share for just a month or two at a time?
You can subscribe to Glance Screen Share for as many or as few months as you want.
Contact us and we will set your subscription to automatically expire on the date of your choice.
To restart it later on, just login and click Reactivate my subscription.
- Do Glance Screen Share subscriptions renew automatically?
Monthly and yearly subscriptions renew automatically (http://ww2.glance.net/terms/). DayPasses do not.
If you have a yearly subscription, we will notify you several times about its approaching renewal date. You can set it to expire or make other changes.
Cancelling a subscription
You can pause or cancel subscriptions at any time. To do so:
1. login to My Account.
2. Choose Cancel subscription.
If you have questions regarding your renewal, please contact us.
- Do people viewing a session need to install any software?
If you are joining to view the presentation, you will join instantly! No download. However, if the host is starting a session to view your screen, you will be prompted to download the Glance guest download.
You can see what it's like by joining this live (automated) session from your computer, iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device: Click here to check out the demo.
Glance Screen Share guests are much more likely to connect to their session than they would to a traditional web conferencing service (like WebEx, Citrix GoToMeeting, Microsoft LiveMeeting, IBM SameTime), because those offerings often depend on just one browser technology or make their participants install software.
- How can I annotate my screen during a Glance session?
- We recommend a few simple applications for screen annotation that are free and easy to use:
For PC users: ZoomIt
For Mac users: OmniDazzle
If users are interested in spending a little more money for more features such as recording, Ink2Go is another tool that can be purchased for under $20. (Download a free trial at their website.)
- How can I view who is in my Glance Screen Share session?
In order to view who is in your Glance Screen Share session, you can collect your guests' contact information (for instance, name, phone and email).
To set up the option to collect guest information, follow the steps below:
1. Click your G icon and choose Settings and the Options tab.
2. Under "Joining a Session", set Name to "Required".
3. Click OK.
Viewing who is in the session
To view who is in a session, follow the steps below:
1. During any session, login to My Account from the Glance home page.
2. Click the Activity tab and then click your session's Detail link. Your guests' names appear in the Name column.
3. Refresh the page to update the list.
4. Click download to export the data to a .csv file.
- How do I cancel my Glance Screen Share subscription?
We are sorry to hear that you have decided to leave Glance. However, you can cancel any time by following the steps below.
To cancel your Glance Screen Share subscription, first, log in using the account owner's Glance Address and password. Then follow the steps below:
1. Choose Cancel Subscription(s).
2. Check the box next to the subscription(s) to cancel. The subscription will expire on your next scheduled renewal date. There will be no additional charges.
Please note that prepaid amounts are not refundable.
- How do I change my Glance Screen Share address or password?
You can change your Glance Screen Share address and/or password at any time by following the steps below.
To change the address/password in your online account:
1. From the Glance home page, click the My Account link.
2. Log in using the account owner's Glance Address and password.
3. Click the Profile tab.
4. Enter the new Glance Address and/or Password.
5. Click the Update button.
Next, modify the Glance Address / Password on each computer using the subscription:
1. Make sure you are not hosting a session.
2. Single-click the G icon to open the Glance Screen Share menu.
3. Choose the Settings... option.
4. In the Account tab, enter your new Glance Address and password.
5. Click the OK button if you're on a PC. If you are on a Mac, just close the window.
- How do I convert a trial into a paid subscription?
Thank you for trying out Glance Screen Share. We are delighted that you are ready to become part of the Glance family! Please follow the steps below to convert your trial to a paid subscription.
To convert a standard Glance Screen Share trial into a paid subscription, follow the steps below:
1. Login to your trial account.
2. Click "Become a Subscriber".
3. Select "Buy".
4. Select the monthly or annual plan. You will be prompted to fill in your billing information.
- How do I get Glance Screen Share on my other computers?
You can access your Glance Screen Share subscription from multiple computers. However, please note that each subscription only lets you host one session at a time.
You can use your Glance subscription from different computers. To do so:
1. Download Glance Screen Share to your new computer.
2. Follow the prompts.
3. When asked, enter your subscription's Glance Address and password.
Grandfathered Glance Day Pass users
You may see a message saying your Day Pass has expired. Don't worry. When you're ready to host your next session, click G > Start Session and the "Buy Day Pass" button. Learn how the Glance Screen Share Day Pass works.
- How do I reset my password?
All Glance passwords are encrypted and cannot be retrieved. Passwords can only be reset by the account owner. You will need the Glance Address and email associated with the subscription to reset your Glance password. Once you have that information, follow the steps below.
To reset your password, please follow the steps below:
1. From the Glance Home page, click the My Account link.
2. Click the Forgot password? link.
3. Enter the full Glance Address (example: andy.glance.net) and account owner's email. They must match exactly.
4. You will be sent an email with a link. Click the link to reset your password.
Next, update the password on your computer:
1. Click the G icon to open the Glance Screen Share menu.
2. Choose the Settings... option.
3. Select the Account tab.
4. Enter your new password.
5. On a PC, click the OK button. On a Mac, close the Settings window.
- How do I set up and send invitations to a future or scheduled Glance Screen Share session?
You may schedule future Glance Screen Share sessions. Since you know your Glance Address, the easiest way is to have Glance Screen Share always use the same key or No Key.
To set up a scheduled session, follow the steps below:
1. Click the G icon near your computer's clock and choose Settings
2. Click the Options tab
3. Click the Always use this key... button and enter a four-digit number OR No Key
4. On a PC, click OK. On a Mac, close the Settings window.
Create an email invitation
To create an email invitation to the scheduled session, follow the steps below:
1. Start a Glance Screen Share session. (Glance uses the key you chose.)
2. Click the orange Envelope icon in the Session Information window. Your default email program will create n with a link to your session. The like that looks like http://andy.glance.net?key=3333 or http://andy.glance.net.
Note: If you use web mail, click the purple Copy icon instead and paste the session link into an email.
3. Before emailing the invitation, add your meeting's time, audio conference information, agenda, etc., but do not alter the session link.
Start the meeting
When it's time for your meeting, follow the steps below:
1. Start a session. Glance Screen Share uses your preset Session Key.
2. Have your guest(s) click the link in the invitation.
Note: If your session times out before a guest joins, just start a new one.
Using different keys for meetings
To use different keys for meetings, follow the steps below:
1. In Settings choose "I'll give guests a key in advance. Ask me for it when session starts."
2. Repeat the steps above.
3. When it's time to start the meeting, tell Glance Screen Share to use the key you sent in the corresponding invitation.
- How do I show my smiling face on a webcam? Or show videos?
Using a webcam
On a PC, power up your webcam and put it in "preview" mode so you can see yourself. Your guests will see you too. When you feel they've seen enough, hide the window.
On a Mac, open the iChat Application. Then from the Video menu, choose Video Preview and smile!
Showing a video
To show a video, just play it! See How Do I Transmit Voice/Audio for tips about helping your guests hear its sound.
Don't forget that Internet services used by small businesses often let you upload data only about 10% as fast as you can download. This can limit video performance to only a few frames per second. You can improve quality by playing the video inside a smaller window or by getting a faster upload speed.
Some video players on PCs write directly into your video card's display memory, an operation that our solution might not detect. Please see this article if guests can't see what you're showing.
- How do I transmit voice and/or audio?
- The simplest way is to put your speakerphone next to your computer's speaker.
For great sound quality, try using an inexpensive device from RadioShack to connect your computer's sound directly into your phone's handset. Everyone on the call will hear it clearly. Plug the device between your computer's headphone or audio line out jack (usually green-colored) and your handset. Then flip its switch to PLAY.
- How does a Glance Screen Share day pass work?
A Glance Screen Share Day Pass lets you host as many sessions as you like for a 24-hour period.
Our grandfathered Glance Day Passers may activate their 24-hour access in two simple steps:
1. From your PC or Mac, click G icon choose Start Session...
2. Click the Buy DayPass button
- Your credit card will be charged US $9.95 (non-refundable).
- Host as many session as you like, one session at a time, for the next 24 hours.
- Host sessions from any computer that shares your Glance subscription.
- Start a session to see how much time remains on your Day Pass.
The next time you need another DayPass, just start a session.
- How long is the trial? How can I get additional time?
The standard Glance Screen Share Trial is 7 days.
To extend your trial, please send us an email or give us a call at 1-888-945-2623. International: +1 781 316 2596.
- How many guest connections can I have in a Glance Screen Share session?
A Glance Lite Screen Share subscription enables up to 5 guests to connect. Glance Panorama Screen Share seats allow 100 guests to connect.
For Glance phone conferences, you can have up to 100 participants with a call limit of 3 hours. Learn more about Glance phone conferences.
- I have a Glance Screen Share account. Do I need to install anything?
- You will need to install our free software on each computer you use to host sessions. Guests just use their browsers.
- Is there a limit to how many machines I may download Glance Screen Share to?
You can use your Glance subscription from different computers.
1. Download Glance to your new computer from http://glance.net/download
2. Follow the prompts. When asked, enter your subscription's Glance Address and password
- Where can I get a receipt of my Glance Screen Share payments?
- You must log in as an account owner to view invoices.Once you have logged into the account for which you want to view the billing information: 1. Choose View Invoices. 2. Click the Receipt link for the invoice you need.
- Why am I asked for my network password when I try to sign in to Glance Screen Share?
Glance needs to connect to the Internet the same way your browser does. Do you have to supply your Network Username and Password just to surf the web? If so, your corporate network probably requires the same password for you to start a Glance session.