Create a Custom Chat Page (Live Agent)
To create a Glance custom chat page:
- From the top-right of your Glance for Salesforce instance, click your Username, and then select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- From the upper-left of the Setup page, enter Chat Buttons in the Quick Find box and Chat Buttons & Invitations will appear under the Live Agent menu.
- Click Chat Buttons and Invitations.
- Click New to create a new Chat Button. (You can also click Edit, to edit a current chat button.)
- When creating a new chat button, you will first need to select the Type as a "Chat Button" and enter the Name and Developer Name for your button:
- Navigate to the Routing Information and select the correct skills to add to the button:
- Scroll down to the Chat Button Customization section and click the Lookup icon next to Site for Resources if there is a specific Force.com that you need to reference for resources.
- Staying within the Chat Button Customization section, click the Lookup icon next to Custom Chat Page.
- The Lookup window will now appear. Type Glance in the Lookup field box and then click Go!.
- Select GlanceCustomChat from the search results.
- Click Save.
Create a Force.com Site (Live Agent)
In order to host a Glance Custom Chat page, you will need to create a new site on your Force.com domain.
|Note You will need to first set up a Force.com domain for your organization if you haven't previously.|
- From the top-right of your Glance for Salesforce instance click your Username, and then select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- From the upper-left of the Setup page, enter Sites in the Quick Find / Search box.
- Select Sites under the Develop drop-down menu.
- Click your site (shown here as liveagent) under the Site Label column.
- The Site Details window now appears. Scroll down to Site Visualforce Pages section and click Edit.
- Add GLA4SF.GlanceCustomChat to the Enabled Visualforce Pages and then click Save.
- You will now see GLA4SF.GlanceCustomChat listed on the Site Visualforce Pages.