The Glance for Salesforce Installation and Setup Guide provides step-by-step instructions for an administrator to install and configure the Glance for Salesforce application.
For information on how to use the Glance for Salesforce solution, see the Glance for Salesforce User Guide. If you are interested in learning more about how Glance for Salesforce works, please visit the Glance for Salesforce.com webpage.
Part 1: Glance for Salesforce installation process
The Glance for Salesforce installation process includes how-to instructions for an administrator to download and install the Glance for Salesforce application.
Download the Glance for Salesforce application
Please contact your Glance representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve a link to install the Glance for Salesforce package.
Install package for Glance for Salesforce
Now that you have received the download link from Glance, you are ready to install the Glance for Salesforce package:
- From the Glance for Salesforce install page, select one of the options: Install for Specific Profiles, Install for Admins Only, or Install for All Users and then click the blue Install button.
Note If you select the Install for Specific Profiles option, you will be prompted to select profiles and permissions:
- A pop-up window now will appear asking you to approve third-party access. Check the box that says, "Yes, grant access to these third-party websites." and click Continue.
- Another pop-up window will appear showing the Glance for Salesforce license agreement. Review the license terms and click the I Accept button.
- You will now see the following message while the install is processing:
Note The package install process may take a few minutes. Salesforce will send an email notification once the install is completed.
Part 2: Glance for Salesforce setup
Glance for Salesforce setup has been created for an administrator to setup and customize Glance for Salesforce.
|Note This guide follows the Salesforce Winter 16 user interface.|
Glance for Salesforce app
In order to configure Glance for Salesforce, you will first need to locate the Salesforce App Menu located in the upper-right of your Salesforce instance and choose the Glance for Salesforce app.
Install Glance Show, View, and Cobrowse buttons
In this first section, you will learn how to add the Glance Show, View, and Cobrowse buttons to a Salesforce Lead object.:
- From the top-right of your Glance for Salesforce app, click your Username, and then select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the App Setup menu located on the left-hand panel of the page. Select Customize, then select Leads and then choose Page Layouts.
- Select the Edit link in the row which includes the Lead Layout page.
Note Lead Page Layouts allows you to create different page layouts to display Lead data. After creating page layouts, click the Page Layout Assignment button to control which page layout users see by default.
- At the top of the page, you should now see the Lead Layout section. Select the Visualforce Pages layout option which is located in the left-hand panel.
- From the right-hand panel of Lead Layout, click GlanceFromLead and drag to the Lead Detail section.
Note When dragging GlanceFromLead, the Lead Detail section will turn green indicating you may release and place it in that section. It is recommended to place GlanceFromLead at the top of the right-hand column of the Lead Detail section.
- Point to the GlanceFromLead box and click the wrench icon.
- In the Visual Page Properties pop-up window, change the Height from 200 to 15 pixels and click OK.
- Scroll back up the page until you find the Lead Layout section and click Save to save your layout.
Note You can click Quick Save instead of Save to stay on the Lead Layout page. This is recommended if you choose to continue with the Install Schedule Meeting button instructions in the next section.
Below is an example of the Show, View, and Cobrowse buttons added to a Lead object:
Note You need to navigate to an actual Lead to see the Glance Show, View, and Cobrowse buttons.
Install Schedule Meeting button
In this section, you will learn how to install a Schedule Meeting button to a Salesforce Lead object.
|Note The Install Schedule Meeting button is optional. If you are already on the Lead Layout page, you can begin the setup process with step 4.|
- From the top-right of your Salesforce instance, click your Username, and then select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the App Setup menu located on the left-hand panel of the page. Select Customize, then select Leads and then choose Page Layouts.
- Select the Edit link in the row which includes the "Lead Layout" page layout.
- Scroll down to the Open Activities section and click on the wrench icon.
- The Related List Property–Open Activities dialog box will appear.
- Click on the + sign in the Buttons row of the Related List Properties dialog box to expand the section.
- Scroll down to the Custom Buttons layout and select Schedule Glance Meeting from Available Buttons and click Add.
- Schedule Glance Meeting has now been added to the Selected Buttons column. Click OK.
- Scroll back up the page until you find the Lead Layout section and click Save.
Note To add the Schedule Glance Meeting and Glance Show, View and Cobrowse buttons to Case, Campaign, Contact, Opportunity, Person Account, and Accounts' (only Schedule Glance Meeting) page layouts, simply repeat the same process as above, per each object.
Configure the Event Layout with Show and View buttons
In this step, you will create a section where data from Glance sessions will be collected, add the appropriate fields, and then insert the Glance Show and View buttons.
Configure the Event Layout
- From the top-right of your Salesforce instance click your Username, and select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the App Setup menu on the left-hand panel of the page and select Customize, followed by Activities, and then choose Event Page Layouts.
- Click the Edit link that corresponds to the Event Layout page layout.
- On the left-hand panel of the Event Layout section, scroll down and click Fields.
- Click Section located on the right-hand panel, and drag it to the Event Detail section.
Note When dragging Section, the Event Detail section will turn green indicating you may release and place it in that section.
- A Section Properties dialog box now appears. In the Section Name box type "Glance Details" and then select 2- Column Layout and Left-Right Tab-Key Order.Then click OK.
- Add the fields listed below by selecting Fields from the top left-hand panel of the Event Layout dialog box:
First Guest's Location
Number of Guests
- Drag and drop the desired fields to the newly created Glance Details section.
- Click the Save button and the Glance Details Event Layout Page will show as follows:
Add Glance Event Show and View buttons
Now that your Event Page Layout is set up you can add the Glance Show and View buttons:
- Click the Visualforce Pages in the left-hand panel of the Event Layout section.
- Drag and drop GlanceFromEvent to the desired section location. In this example, it is displayed in the top row of the Calendar Details section.
Note When dragging GlanceFromEvent, the Event Detail section will turn green indicating you may release and place it in that section.
- Point to the GlanceFromEvent box, and then click the wrench icon.
- Change the Height from 200 to 15 pixels and click OK.
- Click Save on the Event Layout box and exit the window.
Below is an example of the Show and View buttons added to an Event Layout:
Glance Company Settings
Now that you have successfully configured individual pages and buttons in Glance for Salesforce, you are ready to configure your company settings. Choose various options within the categories of Settings, Session Types, Live Agent, and Glance for Salesforce Users.
To locate the Glance Company Settings page:
- Click the Salesforce App Menu located at the top-right of your Salesforce instance. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the Glance for Salesforce app.
- Select the Glance Company Settings tab on the navigation bar.
|Note Remember to click Save after choosing each setting.|
Default Glance Admin
Under the Settings category, the Default Glance Admin option enables existing Glance users pre-assigned administrative rights. This drop-down menu will list all users with these privileges. Selecting a name from this list will assign administrative rights. New first-time users or trial users, will be assigned to the default administrator's group of Glance users.
Create Leads for Session Guests
Create Leads for Session Guests allows users to create new Leads for session guests who join a Glance for Salesforce session if they do not currently exist in Salesforce.
|Note You can host a session from a Lead, Contact, Case, Opportunity, Campaign, or Person Account.|
In the drop-down box choose one of the following options:
|Never||Never does not create any new Leads for session guests.|
|Who Provide a New Email||Who Provide a New Email creates a new Lead for any guest who provides an email address when joining. A new Lead will only be created if there is no existing Lead with that same email address.|
|Who Provide a New Email and Name||Who Provide a New Email and Name creates a new Lead for any guest who provides both an email address and their name.|
How does your company use Salesforce?
In addition to automatically relating session events to Leads, Glance for Salesforce can also associate sessions with Opportunities or Cases.
In the drop-down box, choose one of the following:
Sales only relates session Events to Opportunities.
Support only relates to Cases.
Sales and Support
Sales and Support will allow each Glance for Salesforce user to select this option if they work in sales or support.
If None is selected, Glance session Events will not be automatically associated with either Cases or Opportunities.
Create Salesforce Events for non-Salesforce sessions
Glance sessions can be started from either Salesforce or the desktop Glance client. When this option is checked, Glance for Salesforce will log all sessions (creating Salesforce Events) including those started by the Glance client.
Open Glance Session Events
When a session is launched, Glance automatically creates an Event record and saves it. By selecting Open Glance Session Events, the user is redirected away from the object from which they started the session by opening an Event record page. It is recommended to not have this option selected in order to keep the agent on the Lead, Contact, Case, Campaign, or Person Account object that they had originally launched the session with.
Allow Free Trial?
Allow Free Trial? will prohibit users from opening their own free trial Glance account from within the Glance for Salesforce application if left unchecked.
Free Trial Disabled Message
Free Trial Disabled Message is the message shown to users if you choose to disable the Free Trial button.
Glance for Salesforce automatically synchronizes all Glance session data with Salesforce Events. The Sync Frequency setting allows you to determine how often updates occur: Hourly, Every 2 hours, Daily, or Never.
Note Hourly or bi-hourly update jobs are scheduled to run at an interval of the same minute past the hour. For daily updates, the job is scheduled to run at the following times:
As an option, synchronization jobs may be run manually from the Glance Sync History page which is located on the Glance for Salesforce navigation bar. Simply select the tab, and click the Synch Now button. Next Sync displays the date and time of the next scheduled sync.
The Glance for Salesforce Chatter setting automatically alerts Salesforce users via Chatter whenever impromptu collaborative selling and support sessions occur with any prospect or customer they follow. The automatic notification includes a link to the session that Chatter users can click to join from any desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
Glance for Salesforce provides the following two Chatter settings choices:
When scheduling meeting
When scheduling meeting posts scheduled Glance meetings to the Chatter feed of anyone following the related object (Lead, Opportunity, etc.).
When starting meeting
When starting meeting posts started Glance meetings to the Chatter feed of anyone following the related object.
The Session Types category of the Company Settings page includes three types of sessions: Show My Screen, View Guest’s Screen and Cobrowse.
Show My Screen
Show My Screen allows the host/agent to Show their screen to a guest.
View Guest’s Screen
View Guest's Screen allows the host/agent to View their guest’s screen as well as the option to View and Control their guest's screen.
Cobrowse allows agents to View or View and Control the visitor’s browser window.
In order for a Glance for Salesforce users to start various types of sessions click the Enable boxes below:
If you have already set up your website to use Glance Cobrowse and enabled it, as shown above, choose an identifying field to use as the Session Key. This is the code that the agent's guest need to enter to see the guest's browser view. For example, if you have set up your website to use a visitor’s email as the key, choose Email from the Lead drop-down box list options.
If you want your agents to start sessions with a randomly generated key every time, choose None from the drop-down list. Agents will be prompted for a key whenever they click the Cobrowse button from a Lead, Contact, or Case object.
|Note If you are interested in using Salesforce Live Agent, please contact Salesforce to add Live Agent to your Salesforce account. After Salesforce adds this feature, contact Glance at email@example.com to request the installation package.|
Glance for Salesforce Users
In the Glance for Salesforce Users category of the Company Settings page, you can view a list of all current users including their account and subscription details.
Clicking Del will delete the association between the Salesforce account and the Glance Screen Share account. It will not delete the Salesforce user or cancel the Glance Screen Share account or subscription.
Add custom links to the home page
Now that you have finished configuring your company settings, you will next add custom links to the Glance for Salesforce home page.
|Note Adding custom links to the home page are optional.|
- From your Salesforce instance, click your Username and select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the App Setup menu located on the left-hand panel of the page. Select Customize, choose Home and then select Home Page Layouts.
- Click the Edit link in the row displaying Dashboard Home Page Default.
- The Edit Home Layout page will now appear. Check the Glance for Salesforce box under the Select Narrow Components to Show header. Then click the Next button.
- Arrange the components on your home page as desired and then click Preview to view your new settings.
- Click Save to retain your changes.
Below is an example of a home page layout with active links:
Note To remove any unwanted links:
Glance for Salesforce tabs
In this last section, you will review options for setting up your Glance for Salesforce Object tab views.
- From top-right section of the Salesforce navigation bar, click the + sign.
- Click the orange Customize My Tabs button located at the upper-right corner of the All Tabs page.
- Ensure the Custom App: field is pointed to Glance for Salesforce.
- Highlight an Object tab name from the list of Available Tabs and then click the Add or Remove arrows to add or remove desired tabs.
- Click Save and the new tab will display on the navigation bar to the left of the + sign.
Need more help?